We’re all about sharing the love this year, whether it’s for donors, members, students or volunteers. There have been some sage words of wisdom about volunteers over the years, so why reinvent the wheel when it comes to thanking them for their service? Send one of these free, inspirational volunteer appreciation quotes to volunteers the next time you want to show gratitude. Each free volunteer thank you card is clickable, and links to a print-quality, postcard-sized PDF. Thank you for thanking your volunteers!
1. “Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” — Sherry Anderson
2. “The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” — Helen Keller
3. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Gandhi
4. “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands: one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” — Audrey Hepburn
5. “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” — Maya Angelou
6. “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” — James Barrie
7. “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.” — Mohammed Ali
8. “Every action of your life touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” — Edwin Hubbell Chapin
9. “Plant flowers in others’ gardens and your life becomes a bouquet.” — Author Unknown
10. “Nothing teaches character better than generosity.” — Jim Rohn
11. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” — Aesop
12. “The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.” — Kalu Kalu
13. “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they have the heart.” — Elizabeth Andrew
14. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
These volunteer appreciation quotes were beautifully coined, and our free, printable volunteer thank you cards help you show gratitude. Thank you, volunteers, for being somebody who makes a difference in the lives of one or many. You are so appreciated.