Do you feel like you’re constantly pestering members and donors for their money? It can be mentally draining and downright nerve-racking to have to make yet another call or hit send on the same old email asking for donations. Chances are, the donor on the other end of the line is equally as exhausted from the requests. Not to mention, with all the annoying robo-calls and spam people get these days, you’re competing for already short attention spans.
At the same time, your efforts with an established donor are well worth it. After all, it takes time and sometimes money to acquire new donors. Tapping your existing donorbase is always more time and cost efficient.
Enter the Recurring Donation
What if there were a way to accept donations on a regular schedule, allowing for a seamless, hands-off approach on both ends?
We were recently approached by Donorbox, a company that does just that. After vetting their service, we have decided to recommend it to MoneyMinder users. Why? Because most MoneyMinder users are small, volunteer-based nonprofits that have small budgets. The reason this matters is that Donorbox is completely free unless you receive more than $1,000 worth of donations in a month.
Here are some highlights we love about Donorbox. Note, we were NOT paid for this opinion 🙂 Just sharing a great service with our readers!
- Free up to $999.99 in donations per month (note that the payment processor like Stripe or Paypal may have fees)
- Just 1.5% if you collect $1,000 or more (again, in addition to those payment processing fees, but there are some discount options for nonprofits. In addition, you can always ask donors to cover these fees.)
- Use a donate button with a pop up or embed a form on your website.
- Collect donor info by customizing your form.
- Integrations with services like MailChimp, Salesforce, WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, PayPal, Stripe and more.
- Forms are customizable to look like your own (match them to your website created with MoneyMinder!)
- Set up payments weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually
- Accept multiple currencies.
So, check out Donorbox and let us know what you think.