I can’t believe we’re celebrating our 17th anniversary in business this week. It seems like just yesterday my partner Donna and I set up our office in an old boat warehouse. Here are some other fun facts and memories from our first year in business.
- According to Wikipedia, web based software didn’t begin until the turn of the century, and it was several years before hitting its stride. So we can truly say we launched online software before it was hip!
- Not only was our first office located in a very slightly converted boat warehouse, our office furniture was no better. It consisted of camp chairs and a card table loaned to us by a friend.
- During our first industry conference appearances, it was clear nobody understood the need for treasurer software. We often ended up playing poker to pass the time. To prove their lack of interest in our service, some event planners put is in the far corners of exhibit halls next to fire exits and, wait for it…. SKUNKS! True story.
- We had our fair share of travel mishaps in the early days. We were booked at a convention in Missouri and when we missed the flight, we rented a PT Cruiser with terrible transmission issues. Another time, we were ecstatic to find a screaming deal on flights for our Tennessee convention. The only problem? The flights were in Nashville and the event was in Memphis.
- And last but not least, we will never forget “The Blue Beastie”. This huge exhibit display would surprisingly travel with us on airplanes at no extra charge. Once, it fell over and flattened me. Another time, we miraculously got it into the rental car, but failed to get it out.
I’ve had fun looking back on these memories and recalling where we once were. We’ve come such a long way and we have YOU to thank. Thank you, volunteers, treasurers, coaches, leaders, parents and more. We are devoted to continuing to create the best tool to make your jobs easier — because they are some of the most important jobs there are.